The Reading Corner is a place where books of all genres are examined and reviewed. Comments, questions and disagreement are welcomed. Grab some coffee and a comfy chair and make yourself at home.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday, Monday, Monday!


I always feel like I should come up with some sort of alliterative mnemonic for each day that I publish a review, like "Mayhem Monday" or "Whacked-out Wednesday" or "Fizzy Friday," none of which make a whole lot of sense, but which sound pretty cool.

Today's just a Monday, though. I didn't go to work in favor of watching America's Next Top Model with my mom and little sister. That's right, I admitted it. I was watching ANTM. I hate reality TV and I despise Tyra Banks and I think models present a shallow, conformist, unrealistic and negative image for young women. But I like the show. I don't know why. It's just my guilty pleasure I guess, hypocritical as it is. Nobody's perfect.

Today's also a review Monday! The first of 8 parts is going up, and the next seven will be interspersed throughout the next few weeks. Yay! Get excited. This is the review of The Things That Matter. As much as I enjoyed reading the book, it's not an entirely positive review. There were a few things about it that just didn't quite work for me. Wanna know what they were?
Go read the review. :)

I'm also still reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. It has not gotten any less weird, and that makes me happy.

For now, I'm going to do other things with my day, including eating pizza, taking my little sister shopping and quite probably lazing around. Allll riiiiiiight.

No comments:

Post a Comment