The Reading Corner is a place where books of all genres are examined and reviewed. Comments, questions and disagreement are welcomed. Grab some coffee and a comfy chair and make yourself at home.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A quick update



There is a massive thunderstorm going on right now, and it's great. The thunder sounds almost reluctant -like the sky is getting popped instead of cracked in half. It's pretty crazy. Also the rain is great, as it's been about 2 weeks+ since we had any.

I'm still reading The Library at Night, because it's worth reading slowly. I'll work through an essay and then pause for a few minutes to allow for mental digestion. It's really a fantastic book. I will admit, however, that I am itching to begin the graphic novel version of F451; I am aware that if I start it I won't read anything else until I've finished it, so I'm holding off.

There is no review today, obviously, it's a Tuesday. There might not be one tomorrow, either. There might be a little thing about some current events in Cleveland, perhaps. I'm not sure.

Also, just because I feel like letting the world know -one of my biggest pet peeves is when people say, "A whole nother." Nother is not a word. It's "another whole." Please? For my sake?

No comments:

Post a Comment