The Reading Corner is a place where books of all genres are examined and reviewed. Comments, questions and disagreement are welcomed. Grab some coffee and a comfy chair and make yourself at home.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday mornings

I am really glad I don't have class on Mondays, I'll be honest. I will next quarter (in fact, next quarter I'll only have Fridays off -that will be quite a change), but for this week I'm still free on Monday mornings. I planned on being asleep until 9:30. I woke up at 7 (the lingering effects of laryngitis), and that's been okay. I'm getting a lot done.

For instance...I ordered the proof copy of Leaves & Flowers! I submitted it last night and by this morning it was ready to go. I don't think I need to tell you how excited I am, but I will: I'm really really really really excited.

I spent a good 3 hours on it last night -last minute changes, formatting problems, double checking spelling/grammar/punctuation and generally being my perfectionist self. I guarantee you there are still a few errors in it, but I did my best to make sure that it looks the way I want it to.

It should be here on Wednesday. I'll be taking pictures of it as though it's a child or a new puppy. It should be up for sale by Thursday, maybe Friday (depending on whether or not I want to make any changes).

Anybody else out there self-publish anything and feel this awesome combination of fear and exhilaration? It's a really cool sensation. The most interesting part, for me, is that I'm not the author of this piece -I'm just the publisher. My job was to get the work out there, and that's exactly what I'm doing.

How cool is that?

Tomorrow: a book review of Renda Dodge's self-published book, "Inked"! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment