The Reading Corner is a place where books of all genres are examined and reviewed. Comments, questions and disagreement are welcomed. Grab some coffee and a comfy chair and make yourself at home.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009


You know what's not fun? Colds. I have one. It sucks.

BUT the attendant bad mood that accompanies colds has made me not want to write -and that's a good thing, I've discovered. I burned myself out on writing over the weekend, so I took yesterday off to do whatever I felt like doing.

I felt like drawing with crayons. I spent several hours doodling (an eyeball, two halfway decent pictures of Little Foot from the [original] Land Before Time movie), and it was great! I still don't feel like writing (I'm blaming it on the fact that my nose is so stuffed I think I have snot in my brain), but I do feel like I've found another creative outlet (albeit one I'm not very good at).

I am going to try to write today, though, because it's important (and it's my, you know, job and stuff). I've got plenty of things I can write, I just need to drum up the motivation (aka coherence) to be able to sit myself down in front of this computer screen and actually do it.

Like I said, colds suck. All I really want to do is sit in front of my monitor and watch last night's episode of Castle repeatedly. And I can't even do that, because I still have 4 hours of class I have to attend. I skipped my psych class because we weren't doing anything. That and I reeeeallllly wanted to watch Castle. And I'm sick.

I did read this really cool piece today about never giving up on writing, and I think I'm going to return to that when I come back to my room from classes and am faced with another 9 blank forms that I need to fill with sensible, "actionable" words and information. Obviously I won't be doing all 9 today. Maybe 4. 5 if I'm feeling good once I get going, it's just the going that's the hard part (or is it the getting? Whatever).

I'm going to go make myself some tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment